Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome, Yoga Friends, to Yoga Challenge 2012~

Hello & thanks for considering our 52 week yoga challenge. Our mission, should you choose to join us, is to open our minds & hearts to a new yoga pose every week in 2012. this will add 52 poses to our repetoire & understanding as well as allow us to connect meaningfully with other fellow yogas.
 Amy & I have decided to do this together & thought it would be more fun, inclusive & expansive if we invited a few other like-minded souls to join us. We can create this together but here's what we're thinking, to get us started:
Once a week, one of us Yogis will write a little blurb about a favorite yoga pose. This can include what the pose is, why you love it & any other fun facts or health benefits the pose offers. It can be as short or as long as you like.
 If there are 52 of us, each of us would review one pose. If there are 26 of us, each of us would write about 2 poses, and so forth.
I'll be the boss of the timeline & distirub on it but i'm thinking sunday night might be a good time to post for the week. and then -- would you want feedback on your pose? if so, we could shoot emails back & forth.

This idea was inspired by my yoga mentor Katie Koblenz who loved boat pose. It was never my favorite & I tolerated it at best. When she shared that it was her favorite & why, it gave me a whole new perspective on something I had just suffered through before. Now it is a fundamental part of my practice & teaching --

No comments:

Post a Comment