Saturday, January 28, 2012

Adho Mukha Svanasana - Downward Facing Dog


And......week 5 comes to you from Anne Marie. A round of "snaps" for her for landing a new job! Good luck to you!!! 

My favorite yoga poses are inversions. Adho Mukha Svanasana, Downward Facing Dog may be considered a basic yoga pose, but it is one that I love and am continually improving at. In the Downward Facing Dog Pose, you build up strength in the upper arms and you give space and opening in the back, neck, chest, hips and shoulders. You also build up strength in your calves and ankles. You should hold the pose for 1-3 minutes.

I feel younger and more energetic after doing this pose.  After a yoga practice with many inversions, I look younger as well.  This is definitely an advantage!

Yoga is a grounding and calming experience for me.  It has mentally and physically been my saving grace these past few months.  Yoga draws wonderful people and I cherish my yoga friends and instructors! I plan to practice yoga for the rest of my life

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the photo! I say "ditto" to your words about yoga friends! I am so grateful for our friendship. Yoga does seem to bring people closer, doesn't it? :) And AMEN to practicing yoga for the rest of our lives...

    ReplyDelete